Tuesday May 5, 2009 4:00 pm
Dips for Cinco de Mayo: Pico de Gallo recipe
Pico de gallo, spanish for “rooster’s beak,” is a great fresh condiment that is made from fresh ingredients and a little fruit juice. It’s also quick to make, and fits into an Cinco de Mayo celebration.
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 to a whole small onion
- 1 or 2 seeded chopped jalapeño peppers
- Chopped cilantro to taste
- Lime juice to taste
- Salt to taste
Put the tomatoes, onion, and peppers into a bowl. Add the cilantro and stir to combine. Sprinkle the lime juice and salt on top and stir again. Done!
Be sure to check out our other Cinco de Mayo recipes!
- Related Tags:
- appetizers, cilantro, cinco de mayo, cinco de mayo recipes, dips, lime, mexican, party, pico de gallo, pico de gallo recipes, recipes, tomatoes
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.