Thursday September 13, 2007 10:48 pm
Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancake Recipe
My kids love it when they hear the Vita-Mix (a high powered blender) grinding wheat in the morning because they know that it probably means I am getting ready to make pancakes! These whole wheat pancakes are delicious. If you are used to white flour pancakes you will be surprised to see how moist and flavorful these taste. I altered this recipe from one of my favorite cookbooks, “The Joy of Cooking,” by Irma S. Rombauer and Marion Rombauer Becker. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons sugar (optional-I leave this out)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and stir well. Add blueberries and stir until mixed into the batter.
- Scoop batter out with a 1/4 cup measure and pour onto greased skillet in rounds.
- Cook on one side until bubbly, flip and cook until golden brown.
- Slather on the butter and 100% maple syrup and enjoy!
This recipe should make around 18-20 pancakes.
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.