- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
Friday April 12, 2013 9:06 am
How to reheat steak without drying it out
Have you ever has an amazing steak, cooked to perfection, that you just couldn't finish? You get it boxed up and put it in the fridge, looking forward to finishing the tasty leftover morsels the next day. Then you heat it up, only to find that it's dry and tough. What happened? Why?? More importantly, what can be done to avoid your delectable dinner from turning into a disgusting disaster? The folks over at America's Test Kitchen have found that the best way to reheat steaks is as follows:
- First, pre-heat your oven to 250 degrees
- Place the steaks in the oven on a wire rack for about 30 minutes until they reach 110 degrees at the center
- Take out of over and pat dry
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a pan until hot
- Place steaks in pan and sear until brown, abotu 60-90 seconds per side
The end result here is that your steak will be only slightly less juicy than it was originally, and that means deliciousness. If you wanna see the process in action, check out the video after the break.
- Related Tags:
- americas test kitchen, beef, cooking, how to, leftovers, meat, reheat steak, searing, steak, tips, videos, youtube
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.